Maps & Directions
Convenient interstate access
IUPUI is located on the west side of downtown Indianapolis, Indiana. Vehicle access to the campus may be made from interstate highways I-65 and I-70, with exits - on both the North and South sides of town - onto West Street/Martin Luther King Blvd. From there, take Michigan Street (which is one-way West), onto campus.
Parking: When visiting the Admissions Center (or other Enrollment Services offices), please park in the Vermont Street Visitor's Garage, located on the corner of Vermont Street and Barnhill Drive. A Campus Ambassador in our office can provide you with a parking validation so that you will receive a discounted rate of $5 when parking in our visitor garages.
Using a GPS device, or online driving directions to get to campus?
The address of the Vermont Street Garage is 1004 W. Vermont Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202.
|The Office of Campus Visits is located in the Admissions Center, inside the Campus Center, at:
420 University Blvd.
Campus Center room CE260
Indianapolis, IN 46202
View Larger Map
Directions from areas surrounding Indianapolis:
From the Northwest (Chicago, IL)
Take I-65 South to Exit #114, which is West Street/Martin Luther King Blvd (SR 421). Take West Street South through the 10th, 9th and Saint Clair St. and Indiana Avenue intersections, to Michigan Street and turn Right (one-way West). Follow the once you get to campus instructions below.
From the North
Take Meridian Street South (SR 31) to downtown Indianapolis. Turn Right onto Michigan Street (one-way West), it will take you to campus! (Pass through Illinois St., Capitol, Senate and Indiana Ave., and West Street intersections.) Follow the once you get to campus instructions below.
From the Northeast/East (Columbus, OH)
Take I-465 South on the east side of town to I-70 West. As you come into town take the I-65 North exit to Chicago, IL (right lane, near Meridian St.), then move into the far Left Lane and take Exit #114 to West Street/Martin Luther King Blvd. Take West Street South through the 10th St., 9th St., St. Clair St. and Indiana Avenue intersections, and turn Right onto Michigan St. (one-way West). Follow the once you get to campus instructions below.
From the Southeast/South (Louisville, KY)
Take I-65 North downtown and take the I-70 West ramp (to St. Louis, MO). Then take Exit #79A, which is West Street/Missouri Street. Travel North through the McCarty, Merrill, South, Maryland, Washington, Ohio, and New York Street intersections to Michigan Street and turn Left (one-way West). Follow the once you get to campus instructions below.
From the Airport, Southwest/West (St. Louis, MO)
Travel East on I-70 East to Exit #79A, which is West Street/Missouri Street. Travel North through McCarty, Merrill, South, Maryland, Washington, Ohio, and New York Street(s) to Michigan Street and turn Left (one-way West). Follow the once you get to campus instructions below.
Once you get onto campus:
- Once on Michigan Street, you will come to the intersection of Barnhill Drive and Michigan Street. Turn left onto Barnhill and take it to Vermont Street.
- Turn left onto Vermont, and the large structure on your left is the Vermont Street Parking Garage. Park in the Vermont Street Parking Garage (you will need to take a ticket).
- Access the Campus Center from the third floor of the Vermont Street Parking Garage.This will take you to the second floor entrance of the Campus Center, where the Admissions Center and Office of Campus Visits are located.
- Follow the corridor (and make sure to check out the IUPUI History Wall!) to the front of the Campus Center. The Admissions Center is directly ahead.
- Please go to the information desk and we will be there to greet you! If you need help finding us, call us the day of at (317) 274-8482.